Fourth Generation Computer
In this chapter of the computer basics tutorial, we are going to learn about fourth generation computer.
Duration: 1970 to till date
Used: Large and very large scale integrate circuit (LSIC AND VLSI)
Language: High Level Language (eg., SQL, RPG)
Example: APPLE II, Altair 8800, and CRAY-1.
Advantage of fourth generation computer:
(1) Practically maintenance -free.
(2) Small, affordable, reliable and easy-to-use.
(3) Easier to produce commercially.
(4) Less power requirement.
(5) Rapid software development possible.
Disadvantage of fourth generation computer:
(1) Complex software.
(2) Highly sophisticated technology required for manufacturing LSIC and VLSIC chips.
To learn the difference between low level and high level language click here