First Generation Computer
Duration: 1940 to 1956
Used: Vacuum tubes as CPU component
Language: Binary coded language
Example: ENIAC, EDVAC and UNIVAC
(1) It was used mostly for scientific applications.
(2) Only vacuum tubes were used in these generation computers.
(3)These generations computers were simple architecture.
(4) Facility for storing information.
(1) This generation computer was bulky in size.
(2) It can generate heat.
(3) Air-condition was required in this generation computers.
(4) It was highly unreliable.
What is binary coded language?
Language that operates and saves data in form of 0s and 1s is known as binary coded language.